Buenos Dias from Buenos Aires

Hola from Buenos Aires!  So I've slacked off on posting because in the wise words of Beyonce "I've been drankin."  It happens when the wine is delicious and only $1 (I think).  It's also hard to capture why this city is incredible in pictures...but I've tried.

Our apartments here are incredible and FINALLY have kitchens which has really improved my mood.  They also have rooftops. And pools.  Remote Year staff absolutely killed it this month.


The view from my rooftop!


One of the apartments (that has its own rooftop pool) also has access to this pool complete with an American bartender who understands the importance of a bloody mary.  We've spent some afternoons recovering here. 

Did I mention our staff killed it this month?  This is our office, La Maquinita Co.!  Another incredible co-working space. 

In other staff killing it news, they set up a free wine tasting for us on one of the rooftops last week! 


Sunday we did some exploring around the area that hosts a massive street fair. It was about 300x the size of the ones that clog up Lexington Ave in the summer.  This is a picture of Casa Rosada which hosts the President and executive offices.  The "Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo" have been marching here every Thursday since the late 1970's to represent their children who went missing during the Dirty war between 1976 and 1983.  Not pictured are the painted chalk outlines of bodies all around the statues. 

 


The obelisk of BA! 



The Pope's church.  This place was massive and absolutely beautiful.  I recommend googling more pictures because I didn't capture the beauty of this place at all.  Yes Mom, I went to church on purpose! 


Wrapping up our first week here was the Bomba De Tiempo (time bomb) concert.  This local drum band performs to a sold out crowd every Monday night and features a different local artist halfway through their show. 

Other nomad updates, we're no longer going to Istanbul this June due to increasing terror activities.  Everyone's super bummed about this but that just means I have a reason to go back when it's safe!  

Comments