Montevideo, Mi Gusta!

I've been in Montevideo for about 3 days now and already can't imagine leaving for another city.  The weather is beautiful, the people have an amazing energy and my office is unreal. Almost every turn you'll find fresh fruit/veggie markets and people are randomly doing the Tango (seriously).  I didn't get in on the action but some fellow nomads did!





















Our office is easily one of the coolest places I've offices I've ever seen which is a bold statement from someone in Advertising in NYC.  You can check out the whole video here, but I've included a few pics below.  Our hosts threw us a happy hour last night where we learned how serious they are about Foosball.  Heated competitions happen throughout the day and I'm loving that the current reigning champs are the 2 ladies who run the office.



The only tricky part so far has been food, Uruguay is a very meat heavy culture and I have yet to find any fish. I've named my diet the "Jesus diet" as I'm currently surviving on water, wine, bread, and cheese. They also consider ham a condiment, so if you say you're a vegetarian they still bring food with ham in it.  It's helping take off some extra weight from the goodbye celebrations!  

My friend Laura (fellow New Yorker) and I at lunch on the water today!  

Our mate gourds that were a gift from Remote Year.  Anyone who's seen me at work knows I drink about 9 cups of tea a day so a tea loving culture is right up my alley. 

More posts to come soon about tonight's Goddess Sacrifice ceremony & an upcoming weekend trip to Brazil! 







Comments

  1. PREACH GIRL! Keep em coming. Can't wait to see the Goddess festival my fellow little gypsyyy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Welcome to Uruguay and great to see your are loving it :) You can find some interesting information about great places to eat with vegan options here http://www.caramelosdelima.com/ Enjoy the rest of your stay in Montevideo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elisa, thank you so much for the tips! I will definitely be checking this list out :)

      Delete

Post a Comment