Punta Del Este, My Future Hometown

I'm fully aware that I fall in love with almost every city I visit and claim I'm never leaving.  It should come as no surprise that my Punta Del Este is added to my wishlist of future homes. We shipped out Friday for the long weekend to this gorgeous surf town.



















The Remote Year crew booked a hostel but a few of us opted for an airbnb.  While I'm enjoying getting out of my comfort zone pretty often, a hostel is a zone I'm pretty sure I'll just be OK being uncomfortable with.  We lucked out and had a ground level apartment across the street from the beach where we brushed up on some volleyball skills before heading to the sand.




















Another bonus feature of the house:  A kitchen!  Friday night I whipped up some stirfry and mac n cheese followed by omelettes in the morning.  The boys were total rockstars and whipped up a delicious dinner Saturday.  Men cooking, without us even asking...it's a different world down here.


















My friend Danny and I kicked of Sunday with some surf lessons, safe to say these went smoother than my Spanish and Tango lessons did.  We both got up about 5-6 times in a one hour class and had a great time/great work out while doing it.  Consider me hooked on surfing!  Because I don't have enough expensive interests already....
















Sunday night we rounded out the weekend with an amazing dinner at La Marea on the bay.  We got there just in time to see the sunset and polished of the weekend with good friends, sangria, and great seafood.  Hands down the best Valentine's day you could ask for.




















So far, life in South America couldn't get better!

Comments