Buenos Aires week 2 & 3!

Hola!  This weeks excuse for not posting in so long isn't because I've been having too much fun (I have been) but because I was pickpocketed and my iPhone was the casualty. Luckily my brother was conveniently coming to visit and brought me a new one, so here's what I've been up to!



Fuerza Bruta!  This was an INSANE show we went to a few Fridays ago.  I saw it one time in NYC but it was 100x better here!  The clear roof covered in water and dancers literally brought down the house.  There were drum circles, flying performers, indoor wind tunnels, you name it.  I was literally in awe the whole time this was going on.  The grand finale? The place turned into a huge dance party where it was raining inside.  Photo cred to @Laha_Design (I wasn't brave enough to take my phone out in the rain). 


Next were the famous parks and botanical gardens of BA!  Strolled along the parks, rose gardens, botanical gardens, and some beautiful ponds at sunset one night last week. The pictures don't do these parks justice, it was stunning! 




 Went for a run one morning (not sure what came over me, it definitely won't be happening again) and came across this beauty inside the zoo.
The Chicago-based music festival Lollapalooza was in town and a lot of the bands held side-shows in the city of BA before the festival.  I checked out Of Monsters and Men and was totally blown away.  One of the best live shows I've ever been to! 

       





















My good friend and fellow New Yorker Laura Hansen and I at Lollapalooza!


















Yet another gorgeous South American sunset over the festival.  Also photocred to @laha_design because this was where my iPhone took a casualty.




I also had my first visitor this past week!  My older brother stopped in for a quick weekend of steak, exploring, malbec, and checking out the nightlife.  Above are pictures of this little part of BA called La Boca where we watched some live tango, ate empanadas, and checked out some local artists at work. 






























After La Boca we went to the famous Recolata Cemetery in search of Evita's tomb which we found by a large pack of tourists.  The picture isn't great because we snuck around back to cut the line but it was still pretty cool.  This place was built in 1822 and contains almost 4700 vaults.  We spent an hour or two here and didn't come close to seeing everything.






















The rest of the weekend was spent consuming a lot of steak (pasta for me), playing archery at an indoor bar, checking out some of the local dance scenes, and finally a big seafood dinner at El Muelle where I did what any good sister would do and invited out all of my beautiful girlfriends.  This incredible restaurant was on a pier and had some of the best seafood I've ever had.

We're already down to our last week in BA and then we ship out to Bolivia this weekend.  In the meantime, life lessons I've learned this week:

1. Spanish is hard
2. Tofu sometimes means potatoes when you order Chinese Food in South America
3. Argentinians probably should stick to steak and not Chinese food in general

Comments

  1. The beauty of the space and food get 5 juicy stars. The place was built with class! I'm no critic, but this place makes you appreciate design and aesthetics. I went to two events at event venues here. Both times, I had a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear blog owner.
    Thannks for sharing your wanderful conception. In here i want to inform about Myth Festival-2016 in Chicago,USA.Every year, there's an amazing array of music festivals in chicago to choose from -- it's only a matter of knowing what kind of rug-cutting and neck-straining you'd like to accomplish.

    Best wishes
    Sathiaja Sarah
    Look at this for more details-chicago music festivals 2016

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment