Month 1: That's a Wrap!

It's hard to believe but we're already 1 month in and on to our second home.  The final days in  Montevideo were pretty busy so I'm a little behind on my post.

Our office hosts Sinergia have a second co-working space for tech start ups that hosted us for their local "Pitch Night".  This was a mixture of locals, remotes, and Sinergia Tech members who pitched their start ups to a room full of potential investors. I can't say what was more impressive - the presenters or the work space.

The rock climbing wall on the first floor, you walk through tons of "labs" to get there including one with 3D printers.  Oh the possibilities... 

























Pitch night welcomes Remote Year!  Couldn't ask for better hosts in Montevideo!






The awesome Sinergia art!




























One of my favorite things about MVD was finding the locals randomly doing Tango in the streets!




Cute little cafe we found that had acai bowls! 

I was obsessed with the tree lined streets here! 
















Wall art at one of our last dinners, I'm a sucker for Audrey Hepburn!

We spent lunchtime one afternoon at this beautiful Cemetery in the center of town. It was right on the water and had beautiful tombs and mausoleums.  It's home to some prominent settlers, war heroes, and upper class families of Uruguay.






On top of traveling to some of the coolest places in the world, I'm also lucky enough to be traveling with some seriously talented remotes.  Meet Lauren Hom, the baddest bitch on our trip.  She's an artist and lettering master, I'd name drop some of her clients but I recommend you check out her instagram and be wowed instead (@homsweethom).  She taught a lettering class and sold out two nights 50 seats each to local artists and remotes. 


My personal favorite piece of her work, I'm sure most of you can guess why. 






















My attempt at lettering, it needs some practice but not too shabby for my first attempt!

Finally, we had our going away party. Shout out to our staff (best staff ever) for picking the COOLEST venue possible.  We rented out this crazy big haunted house, had a live band, face paint, food, drinks, you name it.























Me and my friend Emily with our neon facepaint on.  Hot pink lips > red wine lips.


















I'm probably missing tons of activities from the last week but as of Saturday's Ferry ride (below) we're officially on to month two and living in Buenos Aires Argentina!








Comments