Coconuts & Carnavale

I've been on the road for eight days, seen two countries and can safely say South America is my spirit animal.  I took a mini vacation to see some friends who were in Rio De Janiero for Carnavale for the weekend and fell in love.  We stayed in Ipanema which is right on the beach and one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.  Put me on the beach anywhere and I'm happy.  Put me on a beach where vendors walk around frying cheese at your towel and I'm at risk of never returning to real life.




















Beach snacks done RIGHT.  Fried cheese and Cajun shrimp skewers.

Carnavale was a little crazy, just walking to get breakfast you'd see people already partying for the day walking around town in VERY little costumes. Extra emphasis on little.  We managed to not get into too much trouble, but did mange to single-handedly start an impromptu street rave in what we think was the awning of a shoe store.






















Just some locals throwing a little foam party in the morning  (excuse the snap chat photos por favor).
















Even better than the local culture was my travel tribe for the weekend.  Couldn't have asked for a cooler, more epic group of people to do Rio with.  Did I mention our Airbnb had an amazing view?














Finally, had to have a picture of Christ the Redeemer (photo cred: HOWL).  He's much farther away than I thought, which is exactly where I like him to be.

Comments

Post a Comment