4 Days To Go!

I'm down to the last 4 days before take off and a lot of people have been asking what I'm packing and how to prepare for a year away.  First step: save a ton of money.  Putting myself on a budget (for the first time ever) and weekends of bartending went to a 20 hour one way flight to South America, vaccines, visas, travel insurance, moving vans, tons of random travel supplies, medicine, and last but not least, gallons of wine.  

This past weekend I attempted packing and my bag is currently 13 pounds over.  Everyone told me to pack light, but like most other things I will choose to learn this lesson the hard way.  Here's my current luggage situation:  Too much clothing, too many Ray Bans, a small pharmacy and a copy of The Wizard of Oz to always remind me where home is. 


That was the stressful part.  The last few weeks have been an amazing time with my friends and family.  My best friends threw me an epic going away party, decorated my favorite bar with cake, pictures, and champagne, and even convinced my family to drive 3 hours to party. I've had more going away dinners, drinks, and love than I could have ever imagined. 



I can't begin to thank everyone who has housed me, moved me, celebrated, called, texted, flew, drove, and helped remind me this is an amazing opportunity.  Below is a picture of some of the beautiful gifts I received that ensure I'll be traveling in style next year.  

More exciting photos, updates, and tales from the world will be coming soon!  You can follow along here and on instagram: @RabsOnTheRoad .  Until then I'll be getting ready to ship out on the adventure of a lifetime! 

Comments

  1. I'll believe the first time on a budget when I see it. Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment