Goodbye Bali!

Before you do anything READ THIS!  My friend TJ who I lived with the first half of this month was featured in Elle Magazine.  She's also given a Ted Talk and launched a crazy social media following in the last year.  Lady Boss.

Now that you're impressed with the company I keep...

The last few weeks have been pretty busy - we're into 4Q for advertising so I'm spending a lot of time at my desk these days.  We managed to squeeze in and adventure tour complete with ATV'ing and countryside sightseeing and a trip to one of Bali's most beautiful temples.  There's no photos from the ATV yet because it was raining and I was busy being pissed that no one ever taught me to drive a stick.*

I'm heading to Thailand tomorrow so this will be my last Bali post...for now. I'll be back..

First stop : the coffee plantation.  We roasted and ground some beans but not
for long, it was hot A F out.  The plantation grows all of the flavors they mix
their coffee with which were delicious.  None of that flavor syrup Dunkin
does.

This is a little mongoose critter.  They let them out of the cages in the middle
of the night and they run around eating a certain type of coffee bean.  Then
when they poop them out the workers collect them, clean them and turn them
into the most expensive coffee in the world.  Something about their digestive
tracts that breaks down the bean or something.... gross.
And here it is - poop coffee!  That's a brownie
not a poop.


After the coffee plantation we stopped to hang out with some asshole monkeys.
They're SO cute and cuddly and their hands look like little human hands.  They
have free reign to climb all over you but you're not allowed to touch them.
This little guy sat on my head dropping nuts on me - which I kind of loved
because my best friend Christian does the same thing to me only with BBQ
flavored lays chips.

Fast forward past the ATV'ing (There is an embarrassing video of me failing
that I will share when it's completed) and stop at Mt. Batur.  Mt. Batur is an
active volcano here in Bali surrounded by beautiful blue water and hot
springs.  A lot of people wake up to hike it at 2am and cook their eggs on the
ground.  I opted to take a car here, and eat my eggs at the cafe I live on top of.

These are some of the rice terraces you'll see in the middle of Bali.
We were pretty wiped so we didn't explore too much therefore I have no fun
facts to share with you.

A gorgeous temple over on the water by our apartment.  I couldn't explore inside
because girls aren't allowed anywhere if they have their period. Shitty timing
but I think I've pissed off enough Gods that I decided to stick to the honor system
and keep my impure-self outside the gates.

Sunsets. Just dope.

We also happened upon a beautiful wedding photoshoot in traditional clothing.
It's not easy to find these outfits therefore I will not be returning home with
one despite just KNOWING I'd find an occasion for it.

Last weekend we went to the Southern Shore of Bali and visited
Uluwatu - temple on the water.  It was so pretty and also
filled with asshole monkeys.  These ones don't climb on you,
they steal your shit and break it.We had to lock up all of our
glasses and shiny things.  Below is it Padang Padang
beach which is one of the most famous surf beaches in the world.
My talented friend TJ made a video here  of her trip to Uluwatu
where you can see more of the landscape and watch the monkeys
in action.

This is me and my friend Tarryn wearing our sarongs around the temple.  Gotta
cover up those riske little knees of ours.




*Note : My Dad probably tried to teach me to drive stick.  Actually he definitely
did but since I could barely read a gas meter I think we mutually agreed that
manual was not for me. 

Comments

  1. You are honestly so impure all of the time, it's for the best you didn't explore that temple (or piss off anymore gods).

    PS you're soft.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment