Breakfast in Europe, Lunch in the Middle East, Dinner in Asia

We've officially finished our Europe leg and due to catching the Bubonic Plague (or something equally as debilitating in my opinion) I didn't get much more done after Oktoberfest.  We had a final boat day to hop to a few of our last islands and headed to off to Asia.  

Hard to believe that we're onto our last leg of Remote Year all I can hope is that the next four months drags in comparison to the first eight.  This month half of the group is staying in Kuala Lumpur and the other half of us will be heading to Bali later this week.  Not too many photos or updates other than that because - jet lag is REAL when you go half way around the world in one weekend. The only thing I learned from this travel day was - Qatar looks awesome and I need to re-visit the Middle East next year (deep breaths Mom, just the safe cities). 

Our final "ladies day" of Europe was a boat trip to the blue
lagoon and a few other small islands. Photo's don't really
show just how blue and clear the water was.  But you can
Try google, they're usually pretty reliable.
We had a fancy beach side Sunday brunch - because when you live out of
a suitcase for 9 months you just make an excuse to dress up once in awhile.
Finally, we soaked in one last stunning Croatian sunset.  Asia you have some
big shoes to fill on the sunset front.

After countless hours flying, laying over,
snacking, drinking, scouting out lounges,
and playing settlers of catan travel edition,
we made it to MALAYSIA.  Our fearless
leader Dave made it back to us after a
brief stint home in Australia.  Fun fact:
even if Dave had been on all 90 hours of
flights, he'd still have this much energy.

And now, I'm in Malaysia for another 18 hours.  So far all I've learned is
Asian food is incredible, I won't have straight hair for at least 4 months, and I
sweat a lot more than I ever thought possible. Hoping that leads to weight loss.

See ya in Bali! 



Comments