Split is LIT


We've been in Split, Croatia for a little over a week now and it's been one hell of a week.  I landed at the airport to my parents waiting for me at customs and in true Remote Year fashion headed straight to the bar.  OK we made a quick pit-stop at my new apartment which is the nicest one I've had to date - then went to the beach bar.  I'm a 30 second walk to the workspace and as soon as I walk out my front door I see the beach.  I also some how scored a NYC theme'd apartment to make me feel really at home. Below are some of the pictures of our explorations during week one!


We spent our first day lounging at a beach club and sipping
a few cocktails by the water. This is about a 3 minute walk
from my apartment.
Day two we got a little culture in and stopped by Diocletan's palace.  Pictured
here is a portion of the castle that's in a bit rougher shape than the rest but
a great view of the bell tower.  Unless temperatures drop below 75 I'm not
climbing it.  You can also live inside the castle walls.  I wonder if rent is more
than NYC...
We made it back from our day of culture to take a little booze cruse to the
Remote Year welcome party.



If you haven't seen my instagram then  you might not know about my love of
sunsets.  This was the sunset at the welcome party where we had a BBQ,
drinks, and water sports.
Also as beautiful as the sunsets are the sunrises.  Don't ask how I made it til
sunrise.

We spent another day driving to Dubrovnik aka King's Landing for you GoT
fans.  The views along the route were stunning and filled with little seaside
villages. 
This is the port of King's Landing. We spent about 1.5 hours walking along the
top of the wall that surrounds the castle.  You can also live within these castle
walls.
Things to love about Croatia : their rest stops on highways are wine tasting stops.
After we accidentally crossed 4 borders illegally, we decided to celebrate.




Dinner inside Diocletian's palace.  This place is a maze of
old apartments, businesses, shopping, and tiny little restaurants.


I also hosted family dinner at my apartment.  What's usually 10 of us from
my Buenos Aires apartment unit turned into about 40 at one point.  Shout out
to Dad for making delicious pasta that helped coat all the wine in our stomachs!



The last day here we went to Krka National Park which is
about an hour away from Split and filled with gorgeous blue
water and waterfalls.

These are the falls from the bottom where we swam but not for very long.
The water is SUPER rocky here. 

And finally we rounded out Labor Day Weekend by chartering a few boats
to take us island hopping for the day.  I was bummed my parents couldn't make
it but I think they'd had enough of partying with the crew.
After hopping around 4 islands on Saturday and a night in Hvar Saturday
night, we hit another 3 islands Sunday which included a blue cave..



Last awesome thing about Split: We have a blob. And sorry Dad but
you had the most graceful landing so your video is being featured.
Cannot figure out how to flip this video so just turn your head. It's
been a long weekend!


Comments