2 Weeks Spent....Surviving

If you're curious about the title of this post, it's because for the past two weekends I've literally just been attempting to survive.  Two weekends ago we decided to go Canyoning down the Cetina river.  We were asked if we wanted the extreme version or the standard version, and since we've never done this before we went for the obvious choice of extreme.  This is after almost four months of no hiking or outdoor activities since arriving to Europe.  Athleticism of South America was traded for cheep booze and luxury here in Europe.  After four hours in freezing water, I safely made it to dry land and in time for football Sunday (GO PATS)! Video footage of our adventure is available here thanks to fellow remote Jeff (won't work on mobile).

Then, this past weekend I survived a weekend of European style fun - Oktoberfest.  I've never consumed more beer or cheese in my life, but I've made it this long after without a heart attack so I think I'm in the clear.  There have been three cities I think I could ever live in for an extended period of time (or just longer than the month I'm currently averaging) and Munich is one of them.  The city is so beautiful (so are the men) and the German's do NOT mess around.  German efficiency is something I can get on board with.

Before we get to pictures...a few more videos of interest (again these won't work on mobile):
Footage from our Yacht Weekend courtesy of the Nomad Drone
Footage from Machu Picchu Hike day One
Footage from Machu Picchu Hike day Two Courtesy of our personal YouTuber TJ Lee.   Follow her @CupOfTJ for beautiful pics & videos.

The crew we went Canyoning with.  Going in a large group assures that if
the current is too strong and you miss the exit someone is always there to
pull you back in by your pony tail (thanks Dustin). 


I let it slide that this man made the mistake of touching my knee caps because
repelling down a cliff is pretty terrifying. Even when you have a man this
handsome holding your life in his hands.
Now this is what I signed up for. A leisurely float with my significant otter.

We made a quick trip back to Dubrovnik before flying out to Munich.  I ended up
getting sick (again) so the only real activity I managed to participate in was
the cable cars to the top of the hill which gives this view of
Old Dubrovnik - more commonly known as King's Landing.

And finally, OKTOBERFEST! After a 3 hour wait in the freezing rain we
got into the tents where I met up with two of mine and my brother's
friends who live in Munich.  They arrived after our wait in the
pouring rain and before I was too drunk to remember them. Clearly, not their
first rodeo.

In case you haven't caught on, we never do anything with less than 26 of
our closest friends.  This is after we finally got some beer (tents opened at 9
but no beer until 12) on day one.  This is in the Schottenhamel tent where the
ceremonial tapping of the keg happens by the Mayor.

Day two I met back up with Tom and Marie for brunch at the Hoffbrauhaus and
Marie brought me this lebkuchen (gingerbread necklace) as a gift.  You
DO NOT eat these. No matter how drunk you are. PS. how cute is Marie?
You should see her dirndl (dresses we're wearing).  They're GORGEOUS.
Will definitely be arriving early next year to get some real authentic ones like
hers. 

This is the HB from the outside.  Did I mention Germany is super cute?
More impressive than these stunning cobblestone streets were the women
who managed to wear heels in the rain on them.
We spent Sunday in the Hoffbrau Tent which was a lot
rowdier than the Schottenhamel tent.  People hop on the
tables to chug a beer and if you don't do it fast enough
you get food thrown at you and boo'd down..  This was
my attempt to carry the beers like the servers.  They have
to carry at least 10 1L beers at a time to work there. I
managed 5 half beers.  If anything will get me in
the gym it's my new goal to be an Oktoberfest bartender. 


Comments