The Best Thing About Europe...

So this past week made me realize my favorite thing about Europe is how easy it is to get EVERYWHERE.  It was a pretty busy week of balancing work with eating and drinking my way around Europe but somehow I pulled through.  Two of my girlfriends came to visit and we took a casual two day trip to Vienna in the amount of time it takes me to get from NYC to upstate NY on a summer weekend. I didn't think it was possible for cities to get more beautiful than Prague or Amsterdam but Vienna really gave them a run for their money.


























First things first, this beautiful place is in the park right next to our office where we held town hall last week.  Town hall is where we discuss group updates and any concerns we have.  I think they set us up here to make it hard for us to complain about anything and it worked.

























We took a tour one morning of the Klementinum library that hosts concerti's almost every night.  We couldn't take pictures of the actual library but I HIGHLY recommend giving it a google image. It was stunning and a climb to the top of the tower after gave us beautiful views of Prague.

























Checked out this massive sculpture of Franz Kafka's head that is made up of thousands of moving cubes.

























And because I don't want to bore you with too much culture, we had a ladies night at a bar called Anonymous.  It was themed after V for Vendetta (hence the mask) and the drinks all had some crazy presentation.  This was a St. Mary's Virus which came out of an IV drip.  If it wasn't so cool I would've been pissed I had to wait for my alcohol.


The arrival of my friends meant tourist activities so I took them to the TV tower for some views of the city.  Look carefully, there's little babies crawling all over the tower.  Probably why this is voted the second ugliest building in the world. 


Naturally, when I have friends visit and have a day of sightseeing planned it downpours.  But it made for a really pretty nighttime picture of Prague.  #Silverlining

























We stopped in for lunch at the Dancing Building which was inspired by Fred and Ginger Astaire.  Great views, kind of weird food but definitely a cool place to check out.


Finally - my friends and Vienna where our first stop was an outdoor Rose bar just outside of Parliament. In my opinion government might all get along better if all buildings were surrounded by pop up rose bars.  






























And I should probably google what all of those buildings are but we had a big weekend and had to go out in style last night so I'll just let you appreciate them for their beauty.  We rounded out Vienna with sunset drinks on this rooftop where I traded in my usual glass of rose for violet champagne (see why I can't remember the buildings).

Last post about Prague didn't send out the email so scroll down for what I did in my first week here!

Another busy week ahead, I'm shipping off to Paris on Thursday to visit my college roommate.  Tips and recommendations are welcome :)

Comments