Llama Life

Last weekend we took a (very long) bus ride from La Paz to arrive in our fourth home, Cusco, Peru.  The trip was beautiful and naturally I took no photos of the countryside so you'll just have to take my word for it.  So far, Cusco is my favorite city we've landed in.  It's stunning, the food is amazing and there's literally llamas everywhere.


So I lied a little, I took one picture on the way.  We made a quick stretch stop at Lake Titicaca which was absolutely beautiful. 




Meet Pancho, our welcome party llama. The smallest, softest, sweetest little llama there ever was. Also, he might be an alpaca, I really can't tell the difference. 


Walking home from work we discovered a random square filled with shops and llamas. For one sol (Peruvian currency) you can feed them some weird leaves which was a little scary...they eat more aggressively than I do after a few beers. 

























This is the street I live on, its super narrow and apparently not a one way. This results in LOTS of cars backing up and absurd traffic jams.  It's also a little slippery but at the end of the road there's a dope Mexican restaurant.  Worth the risk for sure.



This is the current view from my balcony, not too shabby Cusco. Not too shabby. 



















To further prove my point about how gorgeous this city is, this is just one of many beautiful churches in Cusco.  This is the closest I'll be getting but I'm sure you can appreciate the beauty.

Finally, to wrap up La Paz....

I completely jinxed myself with my last post, approximately 6 hours after I posted that I made it through Bolivia healthy I came down with a nasty stomach bug.  Luckily, my travel tribe had the sick routine down pat by the time I caught it. The good news is, I finally lost the weight from Buenos Aires and I know I'm in good hands with my fellow remotes who delivered medicine, gatorade, soup, and anything else I needed.



















And some final death road pics.  I chose this one because I look pretty badass and I also am proud that I survived having wet socks for a few hours after this.





















This was the group that started death road.  We had 5 serious falls but no broken bones.  Fun fact: directly under this cliff is a burned old bus that went over 7 years ago.




Comments