From Llama Life to Lima Life

This was a pretty quiet week by nomad standards.  Mostly just worked, ate the local cuisine, and got through my week.  Over the weekend we had a big meet up of all of the Remote Programs that are active as we're all currently in South America.  Some people launched start ups, we met and discussed Remote Issues (those are real), and just got a chance to mingle with other people who are part of this weird social experiment we're all living.  Lucky for me we got the chance to jet down to Lima which was EXACTLY what I needed.

Last week was a little stressful as the majority of us are dissatisfied with some aspects of the program.  Pack that into 75 people who all live on top of each other and talk about it constantly and tensions can rise.  The purpose of the meet up was for people from different years to showcase their skills in a series of panels and presentations and discuss remote life.  I heard the sessions were very interesting but I took the opportunity to have some "me time" on the beach and missed most of the planned activities. I did make it back for my good friend's Reiki and meditation session because this weekend was about relaxing and resetting. Lima is a gorgeous little city on the beach with tons of amazing food and things to do.  Also - Pizza Hut. Cause when you need a little America even Pizza Hut is good.














Friday night my friend on Remote Year 1 launched his business  SALT with their first ever event that took place inside of an ancient adobe and pyramid. SALT is a business started by fellow remotes that supports local food entrepreneurs with pop up events. The food was incredible and so was the view.  You really can't ask for much more in a meal. 

We caught cloudy weather all weekend but it was fine - no rain and some humidity was a nice change from the past 2 months in the cold mountain air.  Also it meant better waves so sitting around watching the surfers was a great way to pass the afternoon. 












Spent sometime on this pretty little walkway on the cliff that's above the ocean.  It lead to a mall, which lead to some shopping, which lead to this cute new little black jacket. Feel free to compliment in the comments section ;-) 






With good beach usually comes good seafood and Amaz did not disappoint.  We had these INSANELY good scallops, some ceviche, and a little bit of passion Tuna.  Not sure what makes it passion tuna but it was one of the best things I've had to date. 




















And finally after 2 flights, 3 days, 2 fancy dinners, pizza for breakfast, and a night spent partying too late another fellow remote came to my rescue and pushed me on to my flight.  Have I mentioned the best part of this program is the community?

On the agenda for this week - my best bud comes to visit!  We'll be touring some cool spots I haven't been to yet in Cusco, heading back to Machu Picchu, and volunteering with some local shelters.

Comments

  1. WOOP I can't wait to get there! Ancient ruins, steak dinner, Machu Picchu, and PUPPIES!! Here I commmmme!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment