Ciao Argentina!

That's a wrap on month number two - aka home number two - Buenos Aires, Argentina.  This city was beautiful, I will definitely be back!  The people were incredible, the food was amazing, and we couldn't have asked for better hosts. I'm secretly hoping Bolivia has bad food so I can lose some of the BA-Bod I've developed.  Here's a little bit of what I was up to the last week!

First stop, the Argentine Experience.  This was AWESOME.  The host is a fellow world traveler who realized that when you travel it's hard to meet other travelers.  Flights, meals, etc. are typically done with the people you're with.  So he designed the Argentine Experience to let groups of travelers meet each other, eat amazing food, drink amazing wine, all while learning about the culture of Argentina.



This was our group, a few remotes, a couple from Miami and a few other families donning our chef gear.

























We had an Empanada making contest so to be culturally relevant I made mine into the shape of a wine glass.  I didn't win but there WAS a kid in our class so I think they rigged the system.

























We also made real emapandas and learned that the shape they're folded in determines the ingredients.  This one was a caprese empanada.  Not too shabby if I do say so myself!

























And because it's Argentina, everyone but me enjoyed a steak.  I didn't save the photo of my perfectly cooked - best piece of fish I've ever had - salmon because everyone said this was the best steak they've had in their entire life.  Paired with local veggies and some mystery sauce that was  heavenly, this was hands down one of the best meals of my life.  They also had unlimited wine...did I mention this was amazing?
























Breaking Bad fans will appreciate this one!  We found a restaurant called Heisenburger themed after Breaking Bad.  They had salmon AND veggie burgers so this made my must-visit list.  Can I get a "say my name"?!

Finally we checked out this cool building called Palacio Barolo.  It was inspired by Dante's Divine Comedy so naturally I jumped at the chance to go see it. I was hoping for some crazy art work depicting the levels of hell, intricate photos and a glimpse into where some of my exes will land (HA).  But the inspiration was much more subtle so I was a little disappointed at that.  But once we got through hell, the views from heaven were well worth the $190 Pesos!


The elevator through hell.  I'll probably be seeing this again some day. 





Some more beautiful sunsets of South America.  Above you'll see some of the views we had from the top of the light house (heaven).  Also pictured are some of my friends Jess, Emily, and Rik! 

This building was pretty cool.  This is Evita, on the side of the building that faces the rich side of the city she's yelling into the microphone asking the rich to open up their arms and help the poor.  On the other side is a photo of her with her arms wide open welcoming the poor into her city. 

After the tour, we went to the Floralis Generica, a famous art instillation in Buenos Aires.  I'm SURE there's a story behind this but, I prefer to think that some guy pissed off his girlfriend real bad and a standard bouquet just didn't cut it. You'll have to refer to google for the real story. 

To keep with the theme of the night, we ended our evening at Floreria Atlantico, a speakeasy hidden in a flowershop.  This place was super chic. Craft cocktails, super cool vibe, gorgeous floral arrangements and a crowd of people from all walks of life.  We heard about 5 different languages and we were only there for an hour. 

The rest of the weekend was spent traveling to my new home La Paz Bolivia where I'm currently acclimating to life at 12,000ft!  It's BEAUTIFUL here and I have a really awesome hike lined up for this weekend.  Blog post coming soon :) 


Comments