Livin Local

This week was slightly less eventful which is probably a blessing since I haven't bothered to figure out exactly how many pesos I've been spending (sorry Dad).  The crew at Sinergia (our office) projects movies every Wednesday on the rooftop so I took advantage and watched The Grand Budapest hotel (in English phew!).  They've assured me that movies don't translate well, and it turns out I don't either so this was all-around a win-win.
Not a very artsy photo but, you get the idea.  Did I say I haven't figured out the currency convsersion? I lied. Wine is about $2. Move over Chuck...

























The perks of working late - catching this sunset along La Rambla on the way home!


























This is a random little park by our hotel. It's where I come to eat my "Grande Mac sine carne y grande papas fritas" in peace.  If you don't know Spanish, don't bother googling that por favor.

I spent the rest of the work week doing impressive things like joining the "Enrepreneurship" club.  Helping people who have great ideas on starting their own businesses with my advertising expertise and hoping when they make it big they don't forget me.

Friday night we decided to experience night-life which starts around 1am in South America.  I have no photo evidence to share as per usual, I was the first one to Irish Exit just as the party picked up around 4am

I spent the rest of the weekend doing some local exploring and some pics of my 'hood are below!





















Have I mentioned I have a gang down here?  My initials are spray painted EVERYWHERE.  By default, my outfit will match at least one of these signs a day.

Exploring Old Town, I haven't been since the first day I got here.  It's beautiful but, there's no food on Sundays which is probably why I haven't been back...


























This adorable bar we played beer pong at before heading to the local futball match!  Talk about a cultural exchange, we brought beer pong and rage cage to Uruguay. You're welcome.

As a Red Sox fan living in NYC I never flinched wearing a jersey in rival territory but that's not something I'm willing to test out when it comes to futball in South America.




















How gorgeous is this view?  This stadium was built for the first ever World Cup, which Uruguay won!  From Sunday Football to Sunday Futball in the same month! 









#Montevideo #SouthAmerica #Uruguay #DiscoverSouthAmerica #DiscoverUruguay #Futball #Travel #WanderLust #TravelBug #NotAllWhoWanderAreLost 

Comments