Meanwhile, In Montevideo

First things first...I always imagined my first appearance in Forbes would be in the top 10 of something. BUT landing there for traveling the world isn't a shabby start either  ;-).

I slacked off a little bit on posting about  my first hometown last week, so here's some updates on what we've been up to in Montevideo!  Last Wednesday was the Goddess Festival (Festival de Yemanja).  Every February 2nd, Uruguayans head to the beaches to make offerings to the Goddess of the Seas.  Most of the offerings were flowers, fruits, and jewelry packed into little boats and sailed out to sea.  When the sun sets they dig holes in the sand and light up the coast with candles.






We took a stab at some free tango lessons in the park on the following Wednesday night, and I can confidently say we won't be entering dancing with the stars any time soon.  Either way, it was a great night of dancing and FINALLY some vegetarian food!  I never thought the sight of tofu would make me so happy. 


Thursday night the lovely hosts of our office space, Sinergia, organized a little bar crawl for us to get to know the city!  Other great things about Uruguay: you can drink in the streets.  So we packed a picnic basked of beers and walked along la rambla to some pretty cool local spots!





Comments